Retargeting (also referred to as remarketing) is a marketing approach that comes from the consumer world. Amazon is a prime example - reminding us of the items we've viewed. But it has proven itself a powerful conversion driver and brand-building tactic in the B2B space, too.
Think of the benefits:
- Spend budget on targeting only already interested contacts
- Cost-effective display ads
- Stay front of mind until the prospect is ready
- Improve your search activity
- Target messaging based on prospects' previous content consumption
So how do you get the most from retargeting?
- Start tracking your visitors – build the cookie pool
- Extend the pool using email address matching
- Build your ads and landing pages for desktop and mobile
- Create industry- / persona- / buying stage-specific messages
- Message everything
See links below for Hubspot's guide to retargeting.
comScore found that retargeting campaigns led to a 1046% increase in branded search and a 726% lift in site visitation after four weeks of retargeted ad exposure.